SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Helpful Hints for New GardenWeb Members

kirkus
16 years ago

WOW! There are so many new people on the forum! THAT IS GREAT! WELCOME! When I was new, I "discovered" some helpful hints for using the forum. Thought I would share a few. :o)

Organizing the Secret Santa Exchange, many people have e-mailed me saying they don't know how to find the "CONVERSATIONS" side of the forum. Here's how:

Right above the list of posts/Messages on the main page, it says On-Topic Discussions [Switch to: Conversations). This is a link "to the other side." Click on CONVERSATIONS to view. The CONVERSATIONS side is such a great side. People share their thoughts, prayers, and what's going on in their lives. The DISCUSSIONS side (which most people are familiar with) is great in that people can share creative ideas for Garden Junk (I call treasures!). :o)

Here's another hint: If you're looking for a certain idea, use the little search bar under the GardenWeb heading. You can also type in a person's GardenWeb name to search to see what that person has posted.

Also, if you click on a person's GardenWeb name or MY PAGE on a posting, you can see information people have posted about themselves.

These are a few hints. Anyone have any other hints for our new members?

Now, if you haven't checked out the CONVERSATIONS side, head on over to THE OTHER SIDE! :o) (Maybe even join The Secret Santa Exchange if you haven't done so!

Bear Hugs! Kirk

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting