SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
denninmi

It had to be the Triazicide Once and Done

denninmi
14 years ago

I have the most perfect crop of quinces ripening (well, weather permitting, which doesn't look promising) that I've ever had.

Ordinarily, Quinces are the most likely of anything I grow to be ruined by coddling moth. And, a lot of the reason is that I tend to slack off later in the summer with spraying them, since most of the other crops are already ripe or close to ripe. So, usually, a lot of misshapen, worm-infested quinces.

The only thing I did differently with the quinces this year was ONE application of a new product called Triazicide 'Once and Done' insect spray, which is some type of time-released (?) or stabilized (?) insecticide I found at Lowes this year just by chance as I was walking down the pesticide aisle. I sprayed the quince tree once in June with this stuff. It says on the label it protects for 2 months.

While I haven't done a specific count or anything, I would say that, based upon a visual inspection of the tree, 9 out of 10 of the fruit are essentially perfect, and the 1 out of 10 that isn't has relatively minor or minimal damage. On the whole tree, which probably has several hundred fruits, I can only find a handful that look like "shrunken heads" with serious enough damage to distort the fruit.

I know some others here have commented on this product. Just thought I'd share this with you.

Comments (13)