SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jbay76

Which mower for 1/2 acre?

Jasmine Bayliss
16 years ago

Our lot is 1/2 acre, but the actual lawn area is about 3600 sq. feet in the back and 3100 sq. feet in the front. This was the estimate done by the Scotts lawn care guy.

We have some variety of hybrid bermuda. We've been using a Robomower for 4 years. It works ok, but I'm looking for something that will give a better mow.

DH initially wanted something that doesn't use gasoline which narrows our choices down tremendously. I've looked at the Neutron and the Black and Decker. The Neutron is just too small for our yard. The B&D may work, but our neighbor has an older one (same size yard as ours) and they can only mow about 1/3 of their yard on one charge. I think DH might be more open to a gasoline mower at this point since we've pretty much exhausted our options on electric mowers.

We have a Scotts reel mower which we've used to mow the parking strips and other areas that the Robomower doesn't mow, but DH isn't happy with that either. He doesn't mind pushing the reel around, it just doesn't cut that great because our yard is lumpy.

So any suggestions on a mower? We're using a lawn service right now.

Comments (10)