SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pv_1961

craftsman platinum 7.0 lawn mower wont stay running

pv.1961
10 years ago

I have a Craftsman Platinum 7.0 lawnmower. It is only a few years old. It starts easily and runs just fine for approx. 10-15 minutes at which time it stops running like it just ran out of gas. The mower seems to be running much hotter than I ever remember it. When it quits the engine is very hot, the spark plug is very hot etc... After letting the mower cool down for approx. 15 minutes it will start right up and repeat the process of running for 10-15 minutes then stopping. The following have all been done in the past few weeks in an attempt to remedy the situation: new spark plug, new air filter, thorough cleaning of the carburetor including the bowl and those tiny holes in the nut that hold the bowl in place, replaced the coil, changed the oil, switched to a high octane gasoline. One additional tidbit: In early May I had a dining room table top resanded and refinished in my garage where the mower was located. There was a 1/4" of sawdust on everything in the garage upon completing this project. Could the sawdust be a factor or just a coincidence?

Comments (10)