SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roma11_22

Lawn mower advice for First time HomeOwner

roma11_22
15 years ago

Hi,

I am new to the forum but am very impressed by the knowledge flowing around here. I am a first time home owner and have no clue on lawns or mowing. I am 30 years old.

I live in Pittsburgh and have a gradded/sloped back yard. The total area is less than 1/4 acre with the worst portion in backyard with around 40 degrees grade.

I first decided on Lawn-Boy 10685 ($349 online at HD). The lady in HD told that Lawn-Boy are having lot of complaints in their store so they stopped carrying them - may be LB is not suitable for Pittsburgh curves and heights. So I thought about Toro 2066 ($349 at HD); which was recommended by the lady in HD. Then another guy at HD said if you are spending $349 you should go for Honda; so now I am thinking on Honda HRR216k5vka ($399 at HD) (Link is below). This year Honda has included the smartdrive system on this model. I have a 20% off Homedepot coupon which I would be using.

I did not read any reviews on HRR216 - VKA model. My questions:

1. Do you think I am making the right choice by going for Honda HRR216K5VKA?

2. Can one of you experts guide me on your opinion/experience on this model.

3. What is the difference between the HRR216K5VKA and the HRR216K5VXA model?

4. Since I have graded/slopped yard; do you think of any problems with operating the SmartDrive System?

Your guidance is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Roma

Here is a link that might be useful: Honda HRR216K5VKA

Comment (1)