SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gaatooor

What mix are you old LB users using and what type of oil?

gaatooor
16 years ago

Greetings I recently aquired three LB mowers all older model which is great. I will fill you guys in on my next post. Right now I need to just ask a quick question. Last night I got my 5236 running (and love it of course). I had some 32-1 Lawn-Boy mix for my newer machine here and thats all I had. I just put enough in to see if it would run. Now can I run that in this mower or not? I have heard of people doing so but I wanted to know if there are any consequenses? If I use the half pint to one gallon (does anyone do this anymore?) what oil should I get. I have some brand new SAE 30 Castrol here that I have yet to open up. Would that be alright to use for now and then what to get next time? I don't mind the smoke. I kind of like it! I had lawnboys all my life but all with the 32:1 mix. I am more in question about the oil type. If this has been discussed already I apologize but I have alot of grass to cut! I will be posting some pics of my great finds as soon as I can. Thanks guys I really appreciate it!

Comments (42)