SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
darrell2u

Toro 20332 uneven cutting

darrell2u
13 years ago

I purchased a 20332 Personal Pace last Tuesday (5/25/10). We have not had any rain in 4 days and I mow in the afternoon, so wet grass is not a possible problem. I mulched with the Toro in the back yard at about 3.5 inches high (cutting off 1 inch total) and the next day the grass looked like it wasnÂt cut. Friday, I started mowing the front yard, which was not cut Wednesday, and the Toro 20332 was doing the same thing. The best I can describe it, it is cutting 75-90 percent of the grass and blowing down the rest. When I run my foot across the grass, all the uncut grass stands up and it is real obvious it wasnÂt cut. Some blades of grass are anywhere from a quarter inch to 1 inch taller compared to the rest. The only time I have ever seen anything like this is when I put a blade on upside down or backwards. However, when the blade is on backwards or upside down, the blade shatters the top of the grass and you have that uneven cut look. The grass with the Toro has a clean, smooth cut, it is just not cutting all of it across the entire width of the mower. I used my old 8 year old mower in mulching mode and it cuts all the grass. I looked at the blade on the Toro and the sharpened edge of the blade is rotating clockwise towards the side chute, so I believe it was installed correctly at the factory and matches the pictures in the manual. I have adjusted the mower height at the wheels also, starting at the very bottom and raising up the front then the back, and also adjusting one side then the other side. I have K-31 fescue mixed with a medium/fine fescue in shaded areas in the back lawn and mixed fescue with WaterSaver RTF taking over the front lawn. I am thinking about cutting again in three days with the bag on to see if it is a possible warped or defective deck. If it cuts clean with the bagger, then the air flow is some how messed up? Make sense? Any suggestions? The engine is great and the Personal Pace is fantastic! IÂm willing to give it one more attempt before I return it for a refund.

Comments (2)