SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcgeedis

Toro Timecutter uneven cut Help!

mcgeedis
13 years ago

I have a Toro Timecutter Z5000 and have been having problems with my cut recently. Actually, I seem to have had this problem after the first year of owning it...

This is my 4th season of owning this mower. It has tree blades on it and I change/sharpen the blades frequently and also regularly relevel the deck every month or so. I clean the deck also with the attachable hose add on.

The problem I am having is the mower leaves two 'mohawks" done the middle of the path that I leave behind me. Imagine the letter M if you were to look at the path from the ground. This is the best I could do for a visible representation:

__/^\____/^\___

I am at a loss on this and have resorted to going over my cut twice to give a good cut appearance. In order to save time and gas money, anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be? The blades don't appear to be bent. Could the spindles be bent? I'll admit - I have run over a large rock once that was hidden from my view, but the cut was pretty good after that. It just seems to be getting worse and worse as I mow.

I am thinking I may just pay a serviceperson to come out and figure out what the problem is. I just hate to have to spend that much money - I am pretty mechanically inclined and would prefer to take care of the problem myself if I could only identify the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH