SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janetgia

Re-introduction, with link to junk pictures!

janetgia
15 years ago

Hi all - just a quick note to introduce myself... I'm Janet from Des Moines, Iowa - it's been a long time since I've visited the forum, but have sure enjoyed looking at everyone's projects.

This year, my garden barely got started when we got hit very hard by the flooding, so there hasn't been much "garden junking" going on for me this year. BUT, I wanted to share a few pictures from days past... We'll be moving as a result of the flood, so I will be taking a little of my junk with me. Some of the items in these pictures don't even exist anymore... one of the neat things about junk is that it evolves - stuff ages and weathers when it's left outside, making room for more junk! :)

You can see all my pictures in my "Patio & Gardening 2004" and "Patio & Gardening 2006" albums on Webshots.

A few of my favorite things:

~ The glass globes that used to be part of some wild 70's lamps, turned in to garden art.

~ The steel cut-out rams that used to be used for target practice. I unearthed those at a friend's house during construction, painted them up and mounted them on the fence.

~ The three-pane window, which I painted and turned into a bird feeding tray.

~ A little table I made out of a found wicker base, thrift store gold tray, dollar store silk petals, and a ready-made round glass top.

~ And, a plastic cupboard (curbside find) that I painted up for a garden-central tool and utility box.

Most of this stuff has not survived the weather over the past few years, but I am looking forward to creating some new things at our new home.

Thanks for looking! I'm sure inspired by all your wonderful creative projects!

Janet

Here is a link that might be useful: Janet's Junk

Comments (8)