SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
freemany3

new troybilt honda gcv 160 won't keep running

freemany3
14 years ago

Hello, I just started up a brand new mower with GCV 160 engine. Brand new fresh gas. After I put gas and oil in the mower it started on the first pull.But, it only ran for a few minutes and died. It would not restart immediately. I left it for a while and came back to make sure I had the fuel cut off turned on. It was in the off position.I may have switced the fuel off before bring the mower inside.Or, I could have filled the machine with gas with the fuel valve in the on positon and then turned it off before starting it.

Whatever, I opened the fuel valve slid the auto return choke lever and the mower once again started right up. I mowed again and in about the same amount of time about 2 to 3 minutes. the mower died again.

I did come across a bulitin regarding auto return choke issues, but my choke seems to be returning smoothly and rather quickly. Before I take this back, Is it possible the spark plug is just failing wen engine warms up.

Any thoughts on the spark plug issue,and if so what brand other than NGK bpr5es.This is just a manual push mower model tb 130. If any one has an Idea I would love to hear it. Thank You.

Comments (9)