SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
backyardener

Are there any good Mid to Late season seedless grape cultivars?

backyardener
15 years ago

Right now I have 3 vines (Glenora, Interlaken, and Suffolk Red) that are still too young to bear fruit. I have room for about 3 more vines along my fence and I want to spread the harvest throughout the season as much as possible. My research shows that the Interlaken is very early, Glenora is mid-early, and the Suffolk Red is a little later then the Glenora - so I am doing pretty good so far.

I prefer red and purple/blue over the green/white varieties (I know... Interlaken is green - I had to have one...). By reading this forum the most recommended cultivars seem to be Reliance, Jupiter, and Candace. These are all listed as Early to Mid season varieties. What are your favorite Mid and Late season seedless grapes? The only Mid and Late season grapes I can even find online are Bronx and Ruby - anyone have experience with these? The other one is Concord seedless, but I have heard bad things about that one.

Living in Boise, my climate is good for growing grapes and I think that Mid to Late season varieties should ripen ok. It is 80-90 in June, 90-100 in July/August and 80-90 degrees for most of September. It does not rain from June to October (maybe once or twice) but it does cool off rapidly in October. Would late season varieties ripen ok?

Thanks.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting