SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldcrafty

Fairy Garden and frog planter

oldcrafty
12 years ago

I promised my GD a fairy garden. I got up Saturday morning and loaded all the parts for making one. After many GS and thrift store visits I had just the right pieces. I used an old #3 wash tub that has seen it's better days, but packed with character with all of it's dents and bangs. I lugged potting soil and plants and all my supplies and headed for her house for a planting day. Prior to going I got my river and walking path assembled. Being she is 6 yrears old I was afraid that during the watering process she might have the glass pieces and the rocks flying everywhere! So I took an old stiff plastic placemat, like you buy at $ Tree. cut in the appropriate shape and glued, (with GEII silicone) all the stones in place! Worked wonderfully.

{{gwi:166614}}

SHE LOVED IT!!!!!!

A few posts back I posted pics of 2 frog planters I re-painted. My GD requested hers be re-painted too. Only she wanted hers to look like a princess!!! Boy I had to put my thinking cap on.....cause I sure didn't want to disappoint her! This is what I came up with.

{{gwi:166616}}

{{gwi:166618}}

She was one HAPPY little girl!

I painted the little bird house. The fairy house in the background sat at the thrift store for several months with a 2.50 price tag on it, finally one day they had an everything .50 sale day and I raced to get the fairy house!

Comments (14)