SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monicakm1

What to Look For in a Sprinkler System

15 years ago

I haven't a clue about anything related to a sprinkler system. Home remodeling is forte but I'm clueless about anything related to lawn care. We live on one acre out in the country. I'm not installing a whole yard system. The primary goal of this system is to keep the soil moisture around the house even (to keep from having foundation problems in the future). It will also water the shrubs around the front of the house (that's the extent of my "landscape") We'll probably have sprinkler heads in the back (it's just about 8 ft from the patio to the fence that divides the yard from the pasture) and in front between the house and the circular drive. A company is coming on Monday to bid the job and I've got calls into two other companies. Could someone please offer some basic do's and don'ts, questions to ask, what to look for in a quality install, brands, anything that might help me know if I'm getting a quality system and hopefully quality workmanship? Again, I'm not looking for a "yard of the month" green lawn, We just need to protect our foundation and water the little bit of landscaping we do have. Water is getting expensive and foundation repair is even more expensive!

Thanks,

Monica (from the kitchen and bath forums)

Comments (4)