SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrsmarv1951

Trash to treasure

mrsmarv
16 years ago

So it's "curbside pick-up" in a neighboring town, and I'm driving the side roads on my way to work to see what might be available. Lo and behold I come across this iron plant stand. It's in need of a good cleaning and painting but I can see the beauty under the dirt and rust....and all the while I'm thinking, "Why on earth would folks throw something this beautiful out?". I happily load it into my truck and go to work. After work I head to the local nursery where they sell coir lining by the foot, purchase 2 feet of length (36" wide) and some assorted flowering plants, head home, clean it off, give it a coat of Rustoleum textured spray paint to give it that wrought iron look. After it dries, I put it all together and voila! I put it out on the little brick patio area I made last weekend. The patio area is in the front of our house and was a flower bed in need of 'something'. We hadn't figured out what to do with the area and for the past few years it looked pretty sad. It had one rose bush, a clematis, and too many weeds in it. We had alot of old bricks that we'd kept stored so I dragged them out and decided to lay them down, put a small wrought iron chair and table on it to give it some curb appeal. When I found the planter I knew I had the finishing touch. I feel like I hit the jackpot ;o)

{{gwi:152569}}

Comments (18)