SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wertach2

So many things I want to grow, too little time to care for them.

It's that time of year again. Seed ordering season! I want to order too much! It's like a disease!

I have the space to grow all of the things that I want to grow. But I don't have the time to take care of all of it! Long work hours, on call, other obligations......

I have scaled down the last few years,I was planting about 1+ acre, but the urge is overwhelming! I planted too much last spring, weeds took over a lot of stuff. Deer got a lot too.

I'm working on a new strategy. Instead of plowing under the shredded leaves I'm leaving them on top for mulch, hopefully less weeds. Bought some cheap wheat straw that was rain damaged for extra mulch. A cover crop of Crimson clover on one half to mow and use as mulch. I was inspired years ago by Helen Nearing about using a thick mulch layer to cut down on weeding. Finally I'm going to do it.

I'm working on my trellises during the off season instead of trying to do it all in the spring. Got my tomato cages clean and ready to go.

Taking a leak in a jug and spreading it in the garden for fertilizer and hopefully keeping deer away.Sweet Thang doesn't like the jug thing....LOL

Sorry for the long post, but my disease, planting too much, and only having greens to harvest has gotten the best of me!

I need rehab!

Comments (3)