SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bper_gw

Vegetable garden irrigation

bper
12 years ago

Wouldn't you think the week before Christmas I would be thinking of something else besides watering my veggie garden next Summer?

I have always used overhead sprinkler irrigation and I just don't think it is satisfactory for vegetables (pollination etc). I have decided to try either a drip system or soaker hose next year. We live on the dry side of Washington state and must irrigate.

It looks like the soaker hose would be the easiest and cheapest, but their seems to be a lot of variation in the quality of these (at least if you believe the various reviews). So I'm turning to my favorite garden forum for advice. At this point anything you can tell me on the subject would be helpful, including links.

We use irrigation water, so it is not perfectly clean and I use a little filter screen on the hose fitting on some sprinklers with small holes and also my drip systems in the flower garden. The pressure is about 30 - 50 lbs normally. If I use drip, I wasn't sure how close to put the emitters on a row of carrots or radishes for instance - Bruce

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor