SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maxim1122

My cat is digging in my beds (Please help asap!)

Maxim1122
10 years ago

Hello everyone,
I have a cat that goes outside, and I recently installed new beds in my garden, and my cat started digging in it, and making it's needs.. you know..
And I have a rock kind of mulch over my soil, so it's annoying to separate the rocks that are dug up into the soil and find my cat's needs in the soil (it stinks like hell). I have tried all of the methods, spread mulch, spread some ground black pepper over the soil, put my potted lavender near the beds, and I bought this expensive bottle that contains gel drops that are supposed to keep cats and dogs away from the garden.. guess what? NOTHING worked...
I'm frustrated, because my growing season starts in less than two months..
What do you suggest?? Maybe I should try to spread glass shards over the top? I can't train my cat to poo in a litter box anymore, she's a grown cat. (She always did her needs in the corner of my garden where I don't mind her doing her needs there).
PS- I think that gel stuff (It says that it's made out of extra absorbent polymer and fragrance agent) dissolved into the soil and some of my cat's poo is left in the soil.. Can I still grow edible crops in there? the soil smells like that gel stuff (has a laundry detergent smell to it)..
THANKS!!!

Comments (41)