SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julia42

Root Knot Nematodes - Anyone try treating with citrus?

julia42
12 years ago

So I've become pretty disheartened after reading way too much information on the internet about root knot nematodes. I definitely have problems with them in a few sections of my vegetable garden. Everything I read talks about them as if they're pretty much a death sentence, and I don't really have another spot I can use as a vegetable garden in my yard. The only person I find who doesn't seem overly concerned about their presence is Howard Garrett, the organic guru "Dirt Doctor" who casually says that tilling citrus pulp into your soil will take care of them.

Now, I actually really like Howard Garrett and I've found a lot of his advice to be pretty great, but I have to wonder... I've never read anyone else mention citrus as a cure for RKN anywhere. I would think if it were that easy I'd hear other people talking about doing it, since people seem really seriously plagued by these things. Has anyone else tried the citrus treatment? What were your results? I'm feeling kind of bummed about my garden situation these days...

Comments (14)