SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blueboy1977

Blueberry insect damage or fungus?

blueboy1977
12 years ago

I put up some shade for my SH blueberry plants to get them out of the 108 degree weather we have been having in Houston. I was starting to see some signs of sun damage on the leafs. About 2 weeks later I noticed the brown lines on the new growth and mishappen leafs. Some shoots have no signs of this but most do. After inspecting them I noticed a few little tiny bugs that move pretty fast. I have had aphid problems before but these dont look like the aphids Ive seen here. The ones I get are the little green/brown ones that barely even move when you touch them. These other bugs Im seeing are very light colored, pretty fast for there size and tiny. I mean you really have to look close to see them. I think the symptoms Im seeing are from these bugs but not sure? Could be a fungus of some kind too? Tell me what you think.

This browning happend about 2 months ago and the plant seemed to just grow right through it except the leafs just above it never developed. Notice the brown with the little lines going across. Is this insect damage?

{{gwi:122166}}

{{gwi:122167}}

Now here is the new growth doing the same thing.

{{gwi:122168}}

{{gwi:122169}}

{{gwi:122170}}

{{gwi:122171}}

{{gwi:122172}}

Im seeing this on 3 of my SH and 1 rabbiteye to a lesser extent but still there. Im leaning toward bug damage but not 100% sure.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County