SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennieboyer

Sugar Ann Sugar Snap Peas

jennieboyer
10 years ago

All,

I am planning my fall garden (yes, I know it's November, but I live in south Georgia - it still feels like summer some days!).

Last year I did several different varieties of lettuce that did very well. Tried broccoli and cauliflower, but never got cold enough and both bolted.

This year I'm going to do lettuces again, with a broccoli or cauliflower thrown in just to see if I can make it work.

Today, I was browsing at Lowe's to see what they have. I was interested in a plant called Sugar Ann Sugar Snap Peas, but would like some opinions before I buy them.....

First, is my weather right for them? We could be down in the 40's in the morning, and in the mid 80's during the day. Our daytime highs are slowly dropping, but 80 is very normal this time of year.

Second, it says on the tag that they don't need to be trellised. True? Will they do better if trellised? I have a raised bed I can put them in with no trellis or a tomato trellis I can put some mesh on for them to climb.

Third, how will I know when to pick them? I've never done peas before, and honestly never had them other than frozen or from a can!

Fourth - what have I not asked that I should know?

Thanks in advance - looking forward to branching out!

Jennie

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus