SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

A Yellow Push Mower and Other Rusty Treasures!

kirkus
16 years ago

I was mowing today and saw my old, yellow, rusty, push mower in my iris garden. I remembered I had promised to post a picture a few weeks back of my $5 home salvage yard find. So, I ran and got my camera! The funny thing is I didn't know what color the iris plants were in this garden because the plants were a gift from a friends' garden, and I never saw them in bloom. Also, the deer always bite the flowers off before they bloom! That's not very nice! LOL So, you can imagine my excitement this week when I saw the iris plants were yellow (The deer haven't eaten them yet!) and they match my yellow mower! It doesn't take much to get me excited! HA! I pulled the mower out of the garden so you could see it, but it usually sits back among the iris.

{{gwi:140540}}

{{gwi:140541}}

The garden last year...
{{gwi:140542}}

A few other rusty finds...I had posted the following 2 pictures before but they were at the very end of a post which went to Never, Never Land. LOL Thought I'd share them again in case you missed my rusty treasures!

This is my rusty wheelbarrow... I bought it last summer at a garage sale. It was Sunday evening and the lady was just closing up her sale... no one had wanted the wheelbarrow, and I got it for $5! What a treasure!

{{gwi:140543}}

And here is my rusty garden cart a friend picked up for me "curb shopping." His wife wouldn't let him keep it so he gave it to me. I planted it with Hens and Chicks and placed it in front of an ugly electrical post by our road coming in to prevent people from running over that post! LOL Kirk
{{gwi:140544}}

Comments (14)