SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mensplace

SOFTWARE for planning and planting?

mensplace
14 years ago

Has anyone seen or is anyone aware of any software to simplify the planning and planting process to do this:

It occurs to me that there is a LOT of waste both in terms of seed, growing seedlings, and planting. Given that there are 52 weeks per year, most families can only eat so much of the same fresh vegetables per week, so it is a total waste to plant a whole pack of seed only to then end up with, for instance, 100 heads of lettuce at one time.

I would love to be able to plan the planting of transplants and also later seeding directly into the garden based upon how many of each plant the wife and I would need per week. However, doing such planning by hand and calculator on a calendar would be very laborious.

Is there anything that would allow you to input the individual vegetable varieties and sub varieties, the number of days from planting till harvest, when they should be planted in your area, etc.. This would then automatically compute a weekly calendar showing what would be planted when and when to expect to harvest to assure that you only have the number of invidividual varieties and plants each week.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert