SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ltgf

HUGE curb shop weekend

cait1
17 years ago

Howdy ALL!!

As you may recall twice a year down Melbourne way we have what's known as 'hard trash' day. It's the time when we get to throw out all those items that don't fit in our garbage cans (but here they're called wheely bins HA)

So Saturday DH and I went major curb shopping in town and found some amazing stuff!

Someone acually threw away this table and 4 benches. I only picked up 3 cuz the fourth was pretty destroyed. The only thing wrong with the table is the Lazy Susan doesn't work all that well - no biggy. Against one of the benches is a turtle someone carved out of cedar. I think it's kinda cool and I'll just prop it up against something - don't know what yet.

{{gwi:139835}}

Then we found these benches. Some of the feet have rot but otherwise they're perfect.

{{gwi:139839}}

Don't know what the metal thing is, but I'll use it as a table. It does suit being used as a bird feeder but we'd only get cockatoos then and those birds are pretty destructive so I try to keep them off the property. I picked up the lamp to get the cool ceramic bead in the center, and the mirror can go just about anywhere.

{{gwi:139841}}

Then late Sunday I asked DH if we could scour around our streets. He said we had to check out the town again cuz when he had gone to get the paper he saw some things he thought I'd like. He waited all day to tell me!! I said the stuff could be gone by now but he said not to worry. When we got to the place he'd seen in the morning I almost jumped outta the car before he even stopped. Now I know I've made a bed bench already but I've really been wanting to find a curb shopped head and footboard and THERE THEY WERE!! I was almost in HEAVEN!! And then I saw what was next to the bed... this gorgeous wicker chair! OMGosh! It was almost too much for me!

{{gwi:139842}}

{{gwi:139843}}

But I was still feeling like a glutton and wanted more so we then went back to our place and looked around the streets there. And there it was, my final curb shop for the day (It was getting dark already), this beautiful wrought iron rocking chair. There's nothing wrong with it except for a bit of rust. DH says he likes this best out of all the finds.

{{gwi:139844}}

So this morning I was too excited about the wicker chair and I had to plant it up and put it in situ straight away. For now it holds a pot of begonia rex but I may switch it come next summer and put a pot of geraniums in it.

{{gwi:139845}}

ENJOY! (Hope this wasn't too long for some of you but I'm just sooo excited by all my finds!)

Cait

Comments (14)