SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tesshi

Help figuring out what's wrong with my plant. Please.

Tesshi
11 years ago

I'm sorry I don't actually know what type of plant this is but there is clearly something wrong with the plant.

For some background on the plant, it's an indoor plant and we've had it for approximately 10 years (give or take 3 years). Just last year we had a slight problem with these tiny spiders that were spinning webs around the plant but it was quickly resolved when someone recommended spraying soapy water on the leaves.

For the past few months our plant has got these weird little bumps that resemble a type of pest but they don't move and just cling to the stems and bottoms of leaves. The unnecessary stress brought upon the plant causes it to secrete sap which gets all over our floors and is a giant mess to clean.

I have already tried wiping off each individual leaf with soapy water and another time with rubbing alcohol diluted in water (yes, what a good daughter I am... I clean the plant better than I clean myself)

If anyone has ANY idea what this possibly could be, please let me know. Even if you don't know what it is please give me any suggestion that could possibly cure our plant

Comments (13)