SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pyramids_gw

New Ming Aralia... looks droopy

Pyramids
9 years ago

Hi everyone!

I just purchased my first house plant ever. I put it in the corner of my new meditation room.... It's sitting there with WNW sunlight hitting it at 2:30pm.

It looks a bit droopy to me. I purchased it at a specialty/hollywood hipster pot store. So, not sure they gave the best advice. The girl said to set it in the sink 2-3 times a week and soak it. then let it dry and put it back.

After reading about how dry these plants like it (on other threads) I'm not sure that's truly the best?

I have a mister. I bought it today, set it in the corner, opened the window and misted it. The soil is still damp so I'm not planning to water it for awhile.

For a total newbie I would love the best advice about where to go from here. Is that corner okay for a Ming Aralia? Should i even be misting it? How should i water it?

I do not use A/C and my bungalow apt gets a lot of indirect sunlight with windows on all sides. It also stays humid in the summer (gosh darn heatwave).

Thanks, I will post more pics of how it's potted. It's in a small plastic pot inside the big one. Should I repot it?

Thanks!!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting