SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hobbiest

What can be grown indoors through the winter months?

hobbiest
9 years ago

I have a friend who has cancer. It is stage 4.

She is struggling through chemo right now but she is a country girl who LOVES gardening. I would like to help her do some simple "indoor gardening". When I told her tonight that I was canning beans, she told me with much happiness in her tone of voice, that she wished that she were there sharing the load of breaking beans with me before I blanched them.

I went over today to hook up her computer. Tonight, she called me and put her 10 year old daughter on the phone. Her daughter thanked me for doing it. I had tears in my eyes and had to control my voice to tell her daughter that everything would be OK. I told her daughter that she should do everything to help her Mom that she could, and to keep up her grades in school.

Can you folks help me to help her take her mind off of what she is going through and give her some joy through her hardship? I don`t really know if indoor gardening through the winter months is even possible, but thought that I would see if someone else out there in the world, had done it. My friend lives in an apartment so tearing up some backyard soil with a tiller isn`t possible.

If I have to buy a few buckets to put some good soil in, I don`t care. I just want some help so that maybe I can help her.

Thanks to ALL who have some suggestions to help me, help her.

:)

Comments (23)