SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bmobile40

Peace Lilly; Am I treating it right?

bmobile40
16 years ago

First of all, let me say that I am not known for keeping plants alive, so this one is the exception. I acquired

a Peace Lilly dirt cheap from a local store. It looked like it

had gotten too hot, and was near death. The plant was about 3 feet high, and the leaves were spread out all around creating

a spread of about 3.5 across. I brought the plant home and re-potted it in a pot about 1.5 feet wide, and about 2 feet

deep. I had to put the plant out on the front porch, because there was no place else big enough to place it. It gets direct sunlight only about the first 3 to 4 hours of the day, and then it is shaded by the roof of the porch. I have watered the plant very liberally. I have a plastic 64 ounce fountian drink

cup that I use to water it. Typically, I give it three cup fulls of water each evening after the sun goes down. After the 3rd cup, water starts coming out the bottom of the pot, so I stop watering.

The plant has gotten huge. It's almost 5 feet tall, and the leaves now have a spread of about 4 feet across, and it's still growing. This may sound silly, but am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County