Houzz Logo Print
goldenpond_gw

fixing up the inndoor garden,teacups, shoes

goldenpond
15 years ago

I got busy potting some plants for the porch

grandson admiring the doll shoe, the dutch shoe I got from a Garage Sale

{{gwi:133711}}

I like to add chrystals and rocks,the bird 25 cents at a sale! I thought he belonged with the jade plant

{{gwi:133712}}

Tea cup and saucer had a chip but its fine for starting this jade cutting

{{gwi:133713}}

Comments (15)

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Golden- Would you just stop what you're doing right now and give that Grandbaby a hug and squeeze? How precious.

Love the cup and saucer planter and all of the things that make up your indoor garden!!!! Susie

• goldenpond
    Original Author
    15 years ago

susie the little cherub or child in the shoe is one of those that come in a box of tea LOOOOONG ago. While pointing he said "thats Kyle" (himself)Look close and you can see it is holding a tiny bluebird. I love my garden to hold surprises for the grandkids to discover!

{{gwi:133714}}

• Barbara Kelly
    15 years ago

Absolutely darling, both the plants and the little cutie. Be sure to post another picture when the plants get larger.

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Some people hate "clutter" but I love to have tiny little things scattered about like little surprises for people to discover! I put clutter in quotations because many of us don't think of little bits and pieces as clutter. Someone I knew who passsed away a couple of years ago had a house full of lovely knick knacks and memorabilia. Some of her family complained about the clutter in her home. I thought it was fascinating and gorgeous! So I love your little crystals, figurines and driftwood mixed amongst your plants! To me, it is almost magical to find amongst the plants. But maybe I'm just a big kid!

Btw, I just love that little blue and white bird!

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Love your surprise garden! And the little fingers checking it out!! What fun to explore at that age!! I hadn't known about the tea freebee! Learn a lot on this forum!! Jan

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

I second what Luna said about the magic in finding little surprises in the garden. Everyone should have a little magic in their life, and a 'kid' inside themselves! I feel sorry for those that don't.

For me, the opposite of clutter is sterile. No way, no how, no thank you! LOL
    {{gwi:77274}}

• cait1
    15 years ago

Did I read someone write 'clutter'?? LOL Unless one is a slave to dusting, I say there aint no such thing as clutter!! One can NEVER have too many 'object d'art' around, especially when those objects end up in pots with lovely succulents!!

I especially love the blue & white bird. A quarter???!!! Jeez, that was some steal. Must admit I am coveting it quite a bit since my next reno project is my kitchen and it will be blue & white. I've been collecting blue&white everythings. But none as lovely as that!!

GS is such a cutie! Love that he sees himself as a cherub!

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

I'm just in awe that you're planting plants already! We're just getting rid of a foot of snow! It's SO nice to see green, growing things....even if it is in someone else's garden! Love all of your cherubs, birds, etc. Feels very much like my house! Clutter....nah...it's all part of that "hoard and collect" theme I live by!! Thanks for sharing your GS and your plantings with us!

• akup_a
    15 years ago

How serene your garden be!!! And I love the tea cup, my passion is tea cups.
    Vickie

• akup_a
    15 years ago

Ooooooohhhh!!! Inspiration hit for a garden dilly!
    How serene
    your garden be
    to sit a spell
    with akup_a tea.

What else could I say?
    Vickie

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Vickie...that would be a great sign in your garden!
    Or anyone's garden for that matter.

{{gwi:77274}}

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Maybe having "collections" is something inherent among us junkers? I was looking through one of my many gardening magazines and it had an article saying that landscapers are saying the new trend is simpler is better. The garden they showed was absolutely horrible! It was all ornamental grasses, straight paths and plain wood or gravel. When I read Purplemoon's post, I immediately thought the picture in the magazine was the perfect example of "sterile."

I guess that is why I like so many of your gardens on this site because they do have that "Where's Waldo?" thing going on and make looking at them fun and magical.

I can see your cute little GS's fascination with it! Except I'd be pocketing that cute blue and white bird and the pretty purple crystal in the process! lol

Btw, I really like how you have a story behind each item. I think it makes it all the more fascinating!

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

golden...your projects are just adorable...I always enjoy your posts so much...enjoy your pics...and the feminine/uniqueness of your gardens. Thanks for sharing...cute GS, too! Jeanne S.

• mjowest
    15 years ago

Does Kyle have three hands, or could there be someone else admiring your plantings? LOL.
    LOVE the cracked teacup planter.

• spedigrees z4VT
    15 years ago

Such a magical collection of growing things and tiny birds and teacups, shoes. What tiny tot wouldn't marvel at all these treasures.

I totally agree Luna, about clutter. An uncluttered home is cold and uninviting, at least to this collector.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting