SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loribee2

Product Recommendations?

loribee2
13 years ago

Anyone have product recommendations for controlling aphids and cucumber beetles? These seem to be my two biggest garden pests that are not being controlled by my previous measures, which included neem oil, hand picking and spraying them down with water.

I've been searching the internet and it seems the recommendation is insecticidal soap with potassium salts of fatty acids and pyrethrin combo. However, I can't quite figure out the exact product I should buy.

Johnny's Seeds sells Pyganic, which is the Pyrethrin spray. They also sell the Safer Insect Soap which claims to contain fatty acid salts. Am I supposed to be mixing them together or using one versus the other? They both claim to control aphids and cucumber beetles on Johnny's "pest chart", but when I look at the labels they don't mention cucumber beetles, only aphids and whiteflies.

I'm confused! Anyone have a product they're happy with? My preference is something OMRI approved.

And in all irony, these cucumber beetles I've got are eating everything in my garden....except the squash and cucumbers. Go figure.

Comments (5)