SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grandmathyme

How close are you?

grandmathyme
14 years ago

I'm curious how many people here have spouses who are on the same page with regards to garden junk? How close are your thoughts and your spouse's thoughts about garden junk/art? Are you all alone in your addiction or do you have to race your spouse to the curb on garbage day?

My husband is supportive, but speculative. Sort of one of those guys who needs to see the finished project in place before he has an opinion. As a whole, he doesn't think we "need" any more garden art, but he isn't really against anything I want to put in the yard. He thought my mushrooms were kind of silly, but now that they're in the garden, he says they look great.

I toss an "I think I'll get a couple old toilets to plant in" out once in a while to shake him up knowing he'd likely DIE if I actually did it. That way, when I decorate yet another bowling ball, he doesn't complain. I think he's a closet "what will the neighbors think" kind of guy, but loves me enough not to say it!

This weekend he almost let THAT slip out. I wanted his help tilling up the compost pile and putting it onto the garden beds in the back yard while HE wanted to weed the FRONT yard. His comment was "nobody sees the BACK YARD, we need the FRONT done first!" I told him that when the neighbors paid for vegetables for us, their timing with regards to my yard prep in the spring would affect me. LOL!

What about yours? Are you partners in crime or opposites who attract?

Comments (26)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!