SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenjude

Moonlight Philo help?

greenjude
16 years ago

Apparently now that I'm back, I can't shaddup, lol...it's like I never left. ;)

I bought a mid-sized, gorgeous moonlight philo earlier this summer. I then proceeded to leave it in the car, windows open a couple of inches, while I grocery shopped ...the temp soared to 95 degrees.

The uppermost, largest leaf immediately went translucent and limp; I cut it off. The next two are okay but with a big large spot on each, brown surrounded by yellow, like a bulls-eye (is this necrosis??)

I assumed the damage was all from the heat and the sun, but now all of the leaves are curling/puckering at the edge. The plant looks fine other than that, but it's worrying me.

It's on a shelf right next to a northern window that is surrounded by houses. It gets bright northern light all day, and once in awhile a morning ray across a leaf, but no direct sun other than that.

I've not repotted it, not wanting to traumatize it further, and I'm sure the soil is lousy. It has one root that went from outside the pot into the bottom of the pot - looped around - not sure what that's about, but I can't pull it loose.

I've never had luck with the self-heading philos. I've bought them all really young and lost them all. This is a really beautiful, well-established plant with several large leaves and I don't want to lose it. Should I repot? Move it to a different location? Leave it alone and see what happens? What's up with the brown & yellow bullseyes??

Thanks for any help!

Jude

Comments (8)