SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeanwedding

anyone else try guttering for small stuff like lettuces

my Hubby thought of it. We had a left over piece of the 6 inch wide stuff. I bought end caps from the actual distribtors. They also made me up 3 sections. One 8 ft. and two 55 inch sections. Oh its availabl in many colors. I chose plain white. aluminum guttering.

Hubby riveted on end caps. Oh the 6 inch was $1.50 a foot. Guy roll it out in minutes in front of me. end caps about $1 a piece.

The big box stores only had the smaller guttering and you have to buy it in 10 foot sections. Oh they might have 3 foot sections ready made.

Im only put lettuces in it. You know salad greens. Threw in what bolted and went to seed. Did need to add ant drains . Didnt caulk end caps and slightly tilted. so far so good. will let you all know later how well it does.

Oh I did line each aluminum gutter section with landscape fabric cloth. This time I even seed tucks and serged the edges. made it neater looking.

Unfortunately I got rid of the little clips that I took off some of that old aluminum hinged gutter guard. Dang wish I saved those clips. Cause it (gutter guars will deter those BLASTED ####### squirrels.

Oh bought some deck brackets on clearance. Putting it on bottom and near top of railings. Was going to just set it on deck and top rail. But since it neater and got brackets 75% off ,that what I used

Thank all

Jean

Comments (2)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner