SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
manzomecorvus

our junk gazebo is finished!

manzomecorvus
17 years ago

Thought y'all might want to see another junk gazebo. As always, theres a story behind this project. I saw this battered jungle gym, went home and begged DH to come help. Even with manly brute strength ad a lot of rope (and a lot of eye rolling from DH!) this was almost too big for us to wrestle into the van. DH thought I was crazy when I told him what I wanted, so I waited til I got a hold of a catalog with an $800 metal gazebo. Boy, did his mind suddenly change in a hurry!

So we have spent the better part of this year sanding and priming and painting. We also put it up on some pvc legs (that new new plastic spray paint is awesome stuff). The toughest part was the two of us trying to figure out how to slide 8 pvc legs on this sucker and keep it upright at the same time. Lets just say it took us a few attempts and many colorful words from DH before we got it right!

In case you are wondering the "flag stone" in the patio and the top of the "marble" bench is scraps from a countertop wholesaler up the road from our house. They told the crazy lady she could take all the marble and granite scraps she wanted from their dumpster. I have 3 very nice "marble" benches now for the price of 12 cinderblocks. oh and the stone wall in the back is from a craig's list haul. Now I just gotta figure out what to do with the the 68 bricks I got at the same time. I think DH is beginning to realize an unsupervised wife and a cargo van is a bad combination - especially for his back!

{{gwi:130262}}

{{gwi:130263}}

Comments (19)