SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
garden2garden

Y'all will get a chuckle out of this OR anyone else like bones?

garden2garden
15 years ago

I showed you my vanity I'm working on, and so I have this (kinda abstract) GardenGal on the brain.

My son (27) was driving me to the store the other day (we live out in the boonies on a dirt road) and we saw a couple (it's hunting season but I don't know why the hunters do that) deer carcasses along the side of the road. After we passed the one I kept thinking about the rib bones they were kind of sillouetted (sp?)on the edge of the ditch, they were beautiful just right for a garden gal torso, lol. (Keep in mind this boy has known me all his life, I find beauty in some odd things and he knows it)-- About a half mile down the road I said "Hmmm, nice rib bones" He turned to me--Gives me one of "those" looks (you know the eyebrow thing) and said "NO!....NO!....Absolutely NOT! NO rib bones on a stick in the garden!!! (how does he know me so well?) No deer leg bone crosses hanging from the trees! (dang! he's GOOD I hadn't even thought of that yet! lol) He was muttering something about normal people and well, needless to say I didn't get it (that trip, haha) but, it was just the right size.....

Comments (24)