SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcgyvr2009i

Are these symptoms of Leaf Curl? If so, how to treat it?

mcgyvr2009i
9 years ago

Back in 2012, I purchased a hale haven peach tree. and it had a tough time establishing itself because of the harsh drought. The leaves were drying up and falling off. Thankfully, my landlord installed a hose system so I can keep it watered along with all my other plants during times of drought.
NOW, I have a new problem.
I have three photos of a leaf from my Hale Haven peach tree. It has some kind of deformation on it. It looks kind of wrinkly. Here's 3 photos of the leaf:

{{gwi:112264}}

{{gwi:112265}}

{{gwi:112266}}

I've seen this on the trees around my house mostly affecting the maples and oaks, and up the road, there's a peach tree in someone else's yard that is experiencing the same thing. I saw this on 3 other leaves on my peach tree from what I could see.

I've looked it up and the symptoms appear to be that of Leaf Curl? Can someone confirm that?
Also, if that's what it is, then it's a fungus infection.
My peach tree is producing fruit this year, and I want to prevent a die off of fruit like what happened last year. I have a baby 1 foot tall apple tree and I don't want it to get infected too.

Is it going to be easy to get rid of this infection? Can you recommend the best fungicide that won't poison any of the peaches or make them fall prematurely? Thanks a bunch.

Comments (9)