SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
icicle_gw

cherry tree without fruit

icicle
13 years ago

Hi,

i am a novice gardener so forgive my ignorance. I lived in my current home in Ohio for 5 years now and just last year I noticed I have 2 cherry trees. The only reason I noticed they were cherry trees, because there were about 5 cherries on the tree last year and they were very delicious. That same year 2 other rather large trees had to be cut down due to severe storm damage that used to create a lot of shade in the yard. So that was the first year I saw the few cherries on it. I figured my cherry tree will be blooming and baring fruit every year from now since there is more sunlight. However this year, I noticed few blooms and a few cherries only one again, but some animals must have eaten them, because I looked last week and there were no cherries on it at all. They were there before they ripened but than something ate them. :(

So my question is...is there anything I can do so my cherry tree will have more flowers and hence more cherries? It's still a bit shady area..perhaps more light? Cherries are my favorite fruit and it would be so great if I had these trees full of cherries! Any advice and help is appreciated!

thank you in advance!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus