SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
football45013

Watering Cantaloupes

football45013
11 years ago

I have recently planted some Hales best cantaloupe seeds. I have overcome the first obstacle, which is getting the seeds to sprout, lol. Anyways, I now have very young plants sticking out of the ground and I have a few questions as to how to best care for them and get them through to maturity. I have had a heck of a time getting vine type of plants to produce fruit to maturity. I've been trying watermelons, cantaloupes and pumpkins for like 5 years now, with no luck. So I can use all the help I can get! Anyways, how many times should I water these plants per day? Also, is there a certain time of the day that I should water? Finally, Kmart sells this 3 in 1 garden spray that has insecticide, fungicide and miticide all in one. I'm thinking about buying it, but if I do, should I go ahead and just spray the plants now with this stuff to prevent any diseases and bugs from infesting these plants in the first place? Or should I just hold off until I see the first signs of any type of disease or infestation? Any other tips for growing cantaloupes would be greatly appreciate also. Thanks!

Comments (9)