SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
createdtocook

Has Anyone Grown and Eaten an Angel Red Pomegranate???

createdtocook
9 years ago

Do any of you grow an Angel Red Pomegranate??? I am considering growing it in my front yard.

My mom has a "white/pink" variety of Pomegranate that has very soft edible seeds, lots of juice and very sweet, (almost no acidity). I don't know the exact variety. But the tree has large thorns and isn't as beautiful to look at as many of the red pomegranate varieties.

I came across an Angel Red Pomegranate tree in a 5 gallon pot, but not all that big, at Lowes the other day. It's supposed to be an "exceptional" variety.

Is this true or is it mostly just marketing hype???

I would like to plant it in the front of my house on the far left corner between me and my neighbor. I need it to be a beautiful landscaping plant as well as bear delicious fruit. Does the tree have large thorns? How does the fruit taste?

I'm also open to other varieties of Pomegranate, or even other beautiful and delicious fruit trees.

About Angel Red Pomegranate From Monrovia Website:
This unique, new and improved Pomegranate has exceptional qualities that make it simply the best on the market. A heavy crop of large, vivid red fruit ripens in early fall, having less pulp and higher juice content than any other selection. Best of all, the seeds are soft enough to be eaten! A beautiful landscape specimen with striking orange-red summer flowers on upright, fountain like branches.

http://www.monrovia.com/plant-catalog/plants/2844/angel-red-pomegranate/

Comments (26)