SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aquadriac

Looking for Northsiders (the dreaded north-window predicament)

aquadriac
12 years ago

Houseplants are my hobby... I love them and talk to them. I'm sure I'm not alone here. BUT I live in a small apartment with only 2 North-facing windows to work with...

I want to know what plants you guys have had success with in N facing windows... No direct sunlight in the winter time, and an hour or 2 of d-sunlight in the morning and from 2pm-sunset in the summer months.

So far I've personally had a lot of luck with Mother-in-law's tongue, Chinese Evergreen, Janet Craig and Rainbow Dracaenia's, Heart-leafed Philodendrons, Jade, Paph Orcids, Benjamina(?) Ficus tree, Peace Lilies, Moses in a boat, and I've managed to keep a pot or two of donkeys tail alive but leggy for two years now. And an Anita Palm that looks happy, although I wish I could give her more light.

I've tried the mother of pearl succlents and killed them everytime (only twice- I only have so much money for plants!!)

Any other plants you guys have had luck with in a low-light situation?? AND WHATS YOUR FAVORITE?! I love my little ficus tree and my chinese evergreen!

Comments (13)