SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
use2bcapecodr

Christmas envelope tradition...

use2bcapecodr
16 years ago

We started the Christmas "envelopes" several years ago. It just keeps getting more involved! Even the kids get in on it now.

DH makes up a message with some meaning for our family. He writes one letter on a scrap of paper and puts it in an envelope, repeating until each and every letter in the message...and each piece of punctuation...is used. Actually, last year, the message had gotten so long, he put 2 letters in each envelope. With every gift Santa's Elves (A couple of the grandkids in Santa hats. DH is Santa...wearing my brother's Santa hat.) pass out to someone old enough to read, that person also gets an envelope.

The letters are taped to the glass on the china cabinet as they are received. Then, as the message grows, the letters are moved around...and around...and around...and around until words start to appear...and the race is on to see who figures the message out first!

This was the message last Christmas Eve.

{{gwi:128247}}

I have to tell you...some of the funniest...and sometimes off-color things come out of this! It's hysterical at times! Everyone loves it...even non-family member guests!

I can hardly wait to see what DH comes up with this year!

~Sandy~

Comments (9)