SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
princess_mimi

Prayers for us too, please!

princess_mimi
15 years ago

We have had a crazy week. I believe that I can see God's hand in all that is happening in my life but would very much appreciate your prayers. It's kind of a long story but here it is.

First of all, if you don't know me, My DH and I have five sons ages 5, 8, 10, 13, and 15. They are not getting any smaller and our house isn't getting any bigger. We have put contracts on 3 houses in the last year and all of them fell through for strange reasons. We just figured that God had a different plan for us and we needed to stay put, at least for a while. Then the phone rings Friday and it's a friend. She had just talked with her pediatrician and he is looking for a house. In fact, he pretty much described our house! He has been practicing in a very bad part of town for the last 35 years serving families in crisis who are impoverished. He is in a position to pay cash for our current home if he likes it. He wants to move in before Christmas. He'll see what he thinks of our house this coming weekend.

Well, I took a look for what was available in our area and found a great five bedroom house with a half acre lot. The thing that has me excited is that it is owned by a pastor with four children, one of whom is handicapped. They are moving to Virginia to a new ministry and need to leave soon. They need to get out from under their current mortgage quickly so that they can get a home in VA. Their home is in poor condition and shows very poorly so that it will be a long time on the market. The house is sound structurally and I love to turn a sow's ear into a silk purse!

That puts us in the position of being able to help out two deserving families and also get us out of our little house in a little yard where we a constantly stepping on each other.

Please, pray for us and the other two families so that we can all get into better situations. It all seems like such a "God thing" to me. I'm trying not to get too excited but it's hard! I hope that this is truly God's will for all of us.

Thanks!

~~Mimi

Comments (19)