SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

I recieved a small act of kindness today

toomuchglass
14 years ago

It was small --- but it meant the world to me ! I've always been the "do-er" -- never the "do-ee" ! I feel so good - I have to share.

I only go to the laundromat to wash quilts , so I'm not too familiar with it . Today , there was only one dryer open.

( They are double stacked ) I put a quarter in the slot --- I thought it was for the lower one - turned out - it was for the upper dryer ... I just gave the upper dryer -- (that was on) more time. So I threw my quilt in the lower dryer , inserted a quarter and tried to pretend I wasn't as stupid as I looked. Suddenly , a gentleman came up to me & said he saw me put money in his dryer toward his time ....so he took his stuff out early and gave me the leftover time I paid for on his dryer. Now - who would ever do that ??? I was stunned .... We started talking and had a great time laughing & joking while out stuff was drying.

Now I realize how a little kindness goes a long way . That being said about real life .... the kindness & generosity here has me speechless ... Don't you wish the whole world was this way ? *sigh* ....... Ok - I'm dreaming again ....LOL....... I just had to share :)

Comments (6)