SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

just some musings, mostly on Jason

Purplemoon
15 years ago

Many of us are thinking about the 7th Anniversary of 9-11.

I know I am. But also, today is the 7th anniversary of my Mom's passing. I still have a huge hole in my heart and life with her gone.

And on that morning of 9-11, Jason was enduring his biggest surgery at the time. To try and give him a functional left hand. His eyes were sewn shut still, healing, so he couldn't even watch what was happening to our country. He was listening but unable to see the horror of the pictures we all were witnessing. He'd gotten to tell my Mom goodbye the night before she died, tho he hadn't SEEN her since he was burned 5 months before. 2001 was a very difficult year.

On a good note, Jason called me and said the TV crew for "First 48" on A&E came back to town to do a follow-up story with him last night. The homicide they featured with Jas 3 yrs ago finally came to a conclusion with the guy's conviction. What is really neat is they aren't just doing a post script on that case. They are filming updates on their TOP FIVE shows, and Jason's episode was one of them. (considering how much they rerun that show, I'm not too surprised. LOL). Anyway, the new show will be aired on OCT 14th. I can't wait to see it.

Meanwhile, tonight and tomorrow are for memories I think.

Can't shut them out, and not sure I would even want to.

Thanks for being here, you always help so much even at times you probably don't know you are doing so.

hugs, Karen

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus