SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
benmca13

Couple of questions. Pole beans, celery, etc.

benmca13
11 years ago

I'm in section 5A in iowa. I planted my pole beans early June. I know it's late, but it was my first year planting a garden, and so we did it as fast as we could. They're grown all over the place, probably about 6-7 feet tall. There's absolutely no beans growing. We planted bush beans at the same time and have been harvesting them for about a month now. When will my pole beans come??? Anyone got any pictures of how pole beans grow?

Secondly, is my area a good place to grow celery from head? Where you cut off store-bought celery heads and replant them?

And just in general, I understand that things grow in different seasons, but does this mean you plant things in those season, or just harvest that season?? If i grow sugar snap peas in the spring, can I pull those out when they're done producing and just plant like tomatoes or peppers after that? Or do you plant it all at once and just harvest at seperate times?

Thank you for your answers! LOTS of questions, so hopefully you can help me answer as much of them as you can!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
River Mill Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Delaware County's Customer Focused General Contractor