SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
akup_a

Dr.'s appointment

akup_a
15 years ago

Susie: I posted on a seperate page so as not to alert the OW.

In all my 50 years I've never had a Dr.'s appointment like this one. I waited 10 min. in the waiting room, 10 min. in the exam room waiting for the Dr. and then, spent an hour & a half listening to the Dr. talk.

And most of what he had to say was about him, his life experiences or some useless tid bit history information. Like, why sailors got scurvey, how it was discovered that that was the problem, the solution, then how alcohol was introduced into the solution and how the British navy today keeps this alcohol on thier ships, locked up in the Captain's quarters but the Captain isn't allowed to keep the key, his steward keeps it, the Captain has to ask his steward for the key and then has to return it. And do you know that the Captain's steward isn't an enlisted man? Because, if he was enlisted then he would have to obey orders from the Captain to open the liquor cabinet any time the Captain so ordered. But, since he isn't enlisted, then the steward isn't obligated to take such orders. And all this came about because I'm taking vitamin C!

Three times I had to steer his attention back to the subject, me!

I guess he has all these tid bits of knowledge just floating around inside his head that he has to tell somebody. But, all I wanted was a prescription and go home!

Anyway, he did get a blood test & mamogram set up for next week. He went over my meds & herbal supplements with a fine tooth comb & gave me a thyroid prescription.

I still can't believe that I spent 1 1/2 hours with a Dr. I expected to wait an hour & a half to see a Dr. for 10 minutes but sure not the other way around.

I hope he isn't like that everytime I have an appointment. I need a Dr. who will focus on my health more than I need all that useless information. I'll see how it goes at my next visit to determine rather or not I stay with him.

Vickie

Comments (7)