SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary_m_gw

planting a little fruit orchard and need advice

16 years ago

I am searching for fruit trees that will do well in North Orange County, CA.

I have enough space to plant between 6 and 10 trees.

My contractor says I can easily plant 12 trees, my friend who has a landscape business says between 6 and 8.

I called the nursery that my contractor recommended by the name of LaVern Nursery, but the girl I spoke to had absolutely zero knowledge about fruit trees..

I've tried to search this site to see if the answer to my question already exists, but have not been able to find it.

The types of trees I would love to have are apricots, a pink lady type apple, plums, nectarines, satsuma tangerines, oranges, pear, persimmons ... (I already have a haas avocado tree that is amazing... yay! I's love to grow some red flame seedless and thompson seedless grapes too... any suggestions?

I printed out a list of all the different types of each tree I mention but am clueless about the differences. I also do not want the trees to get to big because I need to respect the view of my neighbor above. He will not be a happy camper if I block his view.

Persimmons seem to grow very well around here. I have stopped at homes that advertise the sale of their fruit and they look more like bushes than 60 foot trees that I have been reading about. I al interested in the little pumpkin looking ones.

Thank you in advance!

marym

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor