SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susiewantsroses

Susie, Speechless??? No Way.

susiewantsroses
14 years ago

Yes way!!!!

Ol' Three Tooth rang the door bell and threw a box marked "Fragile" down on the brick porch. I heard him cackle as he crawled back inside the drivers side window of his Pinto. I opened the door when I was sure he was gone and there lay a Priority- Red,White,and Blue box!!!! It was addressed to me from someone named "Karen" who had a last name that could not be pronounced below the Mason/Dixon Line. Then I saw AZ and I knew it was our Purplemoon. I hopped around thinking, JUNK JAM GARDYLOO GOODIES!!!!!! But it was labeled "F R A G I L E". Even I, (whom cannot spell a lick) knew that GARDYLOO begins with a 'G' and not an 'F'. So feeling superior for two seconds, I pulled a note out of the box that said "This is not Gardyloo". Shucks!!! She didn't forget how to spell Gardyloo afterall. She meant the FRAGILE notations to be addressed to Ol' Three Tooth (who was never taught what Fragile means). I continued to read and discovered it was a very precious gift of friendship, encouragement, and Faith. I think my knees went weak at that point. Then the 'Speechless' thing started. There in the box was the most lovely gift whose message spoke volumns. Surely this was sent to the wrong Susie. Maybe it was supposed to go to "Susiebuildsanorphanage" or "Susieendsworldhunger". But it was to little ol'me, "Susiewantsaflippinrosebush". Within the wrappings was a Cross and a Cherub meant to be mosaiced. Both symbolic of a Power far above our human limitations. Translated, she sent me wishes for God's Best in my life that will help me to bless others. That is the highest order of sentiment. I was breathless.

Garden Web is the first Forum I have ever been a part of. I have to say that I had no idea that folks would be so warm and caring. There are so many things that I appreciate about all of you. Each of us has something to contribute to help each other grow in the things that we love and the things that we go through. It makes me proud to be in the company of such a wonderful group.

Here is the cross. I will save the cherub angel for a later post.

{{gwi:127310}}

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH