SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luna_llena_feliz

Choo-Choo...The Junk Train is leaving!

luna_llena_feliz
15 years ago

With all the running around after my mother's death to get her funeral arranged, picking up her things at the nursing home and contacting family and friends, I didn't have a chance to load up the junk train until Monday.

On Tuesday, I was going to print out some pictures and captions to add to the notebook and found out my color printer cartridge was dead. So yesterday, I sent my Bob to Office Max to buy a new one. I gave him the old cartridge. Found out I gave him the old one for our OLD printer! I didn't figure it out until late last night after the store closed. Ack!

So today I emailed the pictures to myself at work and the captions and printed it out at work on the advertising department's VERY NICE color printer. Sssssssssssh...this is between you and me. ;^)

I've got the train loaded with goodies and ready to roll out of the station tomorrow. But first I wanted to share some pictures I took this past weekend of JT's final adventures in Wisconsin.

I went to Sheboygan so my friend and I (and my Bob) could go junk hunting. Lawdy did we have fun! My mom would have loved it!

JT jumped up on this tank and yelled, "Gardyloo! Give up your junk or else!" We calmed her down by promising to take her to a flea market and geocaching.

{{gwi:127202}}

My friend and I found two geocaches. Geocaching is a site on the internet where you get coordinates for little stashes that people hide all over the country (and probably the world). You enter the coordinates into your GPS unit and find the vicinity where they are located. Then using your wits, you find the little stash. Inside is goofy little trinkets like bottle caps, little toys, stuff like that. Here is JT posing with one of our finds.

{{gwi:127203}}

Then we went to a little indoor flea market. It was just my size, not too big and not too small. Here is JT posting with my purchases. I bought a wooden planter box, a bag of tumbled stones, 3 very pretty carved wooden boxes, a cute piggy bank and an old chipped jug that I plan to mosaic.

{{gwi:127204}}

Here is JT posing with a birdhouse my girlfriend bought. They were the cutest things. The guy took old barn wood to make the birdhouse and he attached it to the top of a garden tool like a shovel, spade or rake. I wanted one so bad but don't have a place to put it. Bob found the "redneck windchime" to add to the picture. he-he

{{gwi:127205}}

Of course when you come to Wisconsin, you gotta get cheese! We stopped at a cheese shop to get some string cheese that was so fresh it squeaked. Here is JT hamming it up with the local rodents around the cheese store.

{{gwi:127206}}

And what trip to Milwaukee would be complete without admiring a Harley-Davidson motorcycle? I tried to find one that was just JT's size. Bob's friend lives near where we were visiting so we stopped by his house. He works at Harley and races dirt bikes. And his wife collects dolls ... thousands of them! She had Harley Barbie dolls and a Barbie Harley motorcycle. JT fell in LOVE! I had to pry her little pink paws off of this thing! Here she is showing off for Harley Hog.

{{gwi:127207}}

Our friend actually took that collector's motorcycle out of the box for us but we stopped her from completely unwrapping it.

So tomorrow JT rolls out of the Milwaukee station on her way to sunny California to visit cindee11461! Watch out Cindee, here she comes!

{{gwi:127208}}

Bye, JT, we will really miss you! Come back to play soon!

Comments (11)