SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
davidpoling

What to do now?

davidpoling
15 years ago

So after raising my first peach tree up from a whip... and after tending to it for the last 4 years... and after training it in the traditional peach tree fashion (which I learned online) my tree finally bloomed and even set a single solitary fruit!

That's the good news. Here's the bad - it isn't a peach tree.

I've obviously never grown a peach tree or I would have noticed the differences in foliage. It wasnt until I got excited about my one little fruit and decided to buy a second tree with completely different foliage that I questioned it. So yeah...I now have an apple tree that I've trained into the shape of a peach tree. A very well cared for apple/peach tree I might add.

So my second problem, and the one I need advice on is this- do I cut down the apple tree (sniff) and replace it with a peach or do I try and retrain a mutilated apple tree that may never produce fruit due to my lack of another apple tree? (and with no room for any more) I hate to take out the little guy, but I dont see much hope for him. (plus I dont really care for apples) sigh....

Comments (6)