SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
faerybutterflye

New plants & a check-in, from OK

faerybutterflye
10 years ago

Hello, all my friends! It has been a rough couple of weeks for me, here in southern OK. I was lucky to enjoy a lovely Mother's Day, with the gift of several new plants. My hubby & son got me another beautiful Monstera. My grandmother gave me a baby sucker off of one of her African violets, as well as 12 leaves to attempt to propagate.

Then I came down with what seemed like severe allergies, but morphed into a very unpleasant chest infection that kept me laid up for over a week. My car decided to take a massive crap on me & the ignition locked up...a very expensive fix, with paying to get towed to the dealership a few towns away. While I was stuck up at the dealership on Monday, I watched the Moore, OK tornado unfold live on TV. Just heartbreaking.

All I could do was sit there, stuck at the dealership, & wait for our friends to be able to come pick me up & take me back home. They got there to pick me up right in front of a different tornado-warned storm & we barely outran it for the 30 miles home. As we turned onto my street, the tornado sirens went off & we all rushed into the closet. We had 5 separate rotations with tornado warnings swirl by us, but fortunately stayed in the sky. That was an adrenaline-rush filled evening, as I hustled my son & 3 large dogs in & out of the closet several times.

Our power was off for 2 days straight from those storms, & yesterday, just as I was catching up on the housework that'd piled up from that, another severe storm rolled in. We've gotten about 7" of rain this month, most of it in the last week or so, & I've been very on edge. Such tragedies, these tornadoes over the last weeks down in TX & up in central OK. My heart just aches for those affected. However, we were very luck to escape the worst of things here where I am.

I will post a follow-up with some pics of the new plants when I get caught up around the house & in my yard. The flooding from all this rain has washed away some of my side flowerbeds & I have to replant seeds, pull all the weeds that have grown a foot in a few days, & finish mowing the back half of my yard before I need a hay baler to do it. I just wanted to check-in, in case any of you were wondering what had happened to me.

Please pray for all those affected by the tornadoes in TX & OK, it is going to be a long road to recovery for them.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz